Open Doors, a Minor Key to God's Will



He groped along the wall for an exit from the strange house. Starting his search at midnight contributed to his desperation.  Maybe I am wandering in the wrong hall.
Christians equate finding an open door to discovering God’s will. In a strange place, surrounded by uncertainty we pray for a way out. Or cloaked in doubt we ask for a sure sign. We are hopeful that even if a door is closed, God will provide a window. The Bible applies open doors differently.
Opens doors represent real gospel opportunities, not possible life options.  
Act 14:27  When they had arrived and gathered the church together, they began to report all things that God had done with them and how He had opened a door of faith to the Gentiles. 
Col 4:2  Devote yourselves to prayer, keeping alert in it with thanksgiving; praying at the same time for us as well, that God will open up to us a door for the word, so that we may speak forth the mystery of Christ, for which I have also been imprisoned; hat I may make it clear in the way I ought to speak.
1 Corinthians 16:9 For a wide door for effective service has opened to me, and there are many adversaries.
2 Corinthians 2:12 Now when I came to Troas for the gospel of Christ and when a door was opened for me in the Lord.
Rev 3:7  "And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write: He who is holy, who is true, who has the key of David, who opens and no one will shut, and who shuts and no one opens, says this: 'I know your deeds. Behold, I have put before you an open door which no one can shut, because you have a little power, and have kept My word, and have not denied My name. 
God’s will unfolds while walking on His path, not searching for His portal.
Psalm 16:11  You will make known to me the path of life
Psalm 25:4  Make me know Your ways, O LORD; Teach me Your paths.
Psalm 119:105  Your word is a lamp to my feet And a light to my path.  Psalm 119:35  Make me walk in the path of Your commandments, For I delight in it. The Bible is the only perfect GPS.
Isaiah 2:3  And many peoples will come and say, "Come, let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, To the house of the God of Jacob; That He may teach us concerning His ways And that we may walk in His paths."  God is the only perfect teacher.
The New Testament also describes life as walking.  2 Corinthians 5:7  For we walk by faith, not by sight. Galatians 5:25 If we live by the Spirit, let us also walk by the Spirit. Ephesians 4:1  . . . walk in a manner worthy of the calling with which you have been called.  Ephesians 5:2 . . . walk in love
Proverbs 3:6   In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He will make your path
straight. Proverbs 4:26  Watch the path of your feet And all your ways will be established. 
Pay attention to your steps; you will reach God's destination















Comments

Popular Posts